“Yes, I want a copy of DONE WITH THAT” 10 Benefits for Women Who Speak Up
I’ve had hundreds of conversations this year with women who work in traditionally male industries and professions. While each were different, some clear trends started to appear. They felt pressure to hold back.
Yet, all the women I spoke with were tired of holding back when it came to speaking their minds. I asked them what it was costing them, and then what they gained from when they did speak up. Both were huge and holding back definitely increased stress at work AND at home. But the benefits of speaking up opened previously unimagined possibilities.
The Top 10 Benefits for Women Speaking Their Mind
1) It blows your lizard brain – fear – out of the water.
2) It boosts your confidence AND dramatically lowers your stress.
3) The real you attracts the people who really want to work with you.
4) You instantly start to gain more respect.
5) It saves time.
6) You can collaborate with others on a whole new level.
7) Your energy level and productivity explodes.
8) Your creativity grows exponentially.
9) You become incredibly engaged (or you decide to move on to somewhere else where you can be.)
10) The “box” you’ve been living and working in disappears; there’s a whole big world out there
What does speaking your mind ultimately give you? Freedom.
Options become clear and choices are easier to make. You don’t waste time imagining uncomfortable, confrontational conversations, because you have already handled the issue in a direct way that works for you.
You get your audience far more than you are giving yourself credit for. Speak up! We need your voices. We need your thoughts. We need your insight.
Not one woman I spoke to regretted speaking up. I’ve only heard them regret that they didn’t start earlier.
What’s the story you are telling yourself that keeps you from speaking up? Challenge it. Look at it from an entirely different point of view.
To the women in traditionally male industries, especially tech, manufacturing, finance, STEM, and law— don’t hold back any longer.
Please share this by clicking the heart.
Are you a woman in a traditionally male profession? Please get my mini-manifesto on the top things women I work with have declared they are done with.
Deciding what you won’t tolerate anymore is an important first step towards change. I can’t wait to hear what you’re done with.
Sign up to get your free copy of DONE WITH THAT now.